Monday, August 15, 2016

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Review

Helloooooooo

For today, I will provide my incredibly intellectual literature review of a book I recently read titled, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

If you're not familiar with this book it is about a disgraced journalist named Mikael Blomkvist, played by Daniel Craig (yum) and a freelancer surveillance agent and researcher named Lisbeth Salander who is a badass, played by Rooney Mara.


Anyway, so there's this guy named Henrik Vanger and he was previously the CEO of this family business called Vanger Corporation. Forty sum years ago, his grandniece, Harriet Vanger, went missing and he is desperate to find her killer. So this is where Mikael and Lisbeth come into play. They take on this decades-long mystery and try to solve it.

and yadayadayada there's sex and guns and action. I will not blow the ending for you, but I will say this was a good read. I'm not too much of a reader (although since I graduated college I've had a lot of time on my hands), but this book kept me on the edge of my seat. The main female character, Lisbeth, I must say is incredibly powerful, and you can't help but love her and how edgy and straight forward she is.

On that note, I must say the weather is dreadful (I know, I'm talking about the weather and I should stop).


However, the humidity and sun blazing down on my needs to end. It's too much. I am having the tendency to hide in my air conditioned house all summer, and if I keep hiding like this I may end up like Gollum.

But hey, I guess I can't complain. At least I don't live in Florida right now. 

1 comment:

  1. One I've yet to read or watch the movie, double lose for me. Ugg to the heat, sweating everywhere isn't neat.

    ReplyDelete