So I have been meaning to post about my 5K I ran two weeks ago. The reason why is because my father and I realized some things about 5K races. There are types of people we noticed that would most definitely destroy us in the race. Unfortunately, it is a relatively long list. Neither of us actually prepared for this race, so we didn't expect the gold medal. However, I would've like a participation trophy or maybe a free pen or something.
Oh wait. They did give out free pens.
Participation pen for me!
Anyways, here is the list of people who we felt (and who did) would destroy us in the 5K.
- People who show up in large packs--they are intimidating as hell.
- People who wear the MOST RIDICULOUS outfits--the crazier you look, the faster you are.
- That one person who runs alone--you know they're good, because they're confident enough to run alone. I need a buddy just to assure I won't be the only one who's bad.
- The little 10 year olds--my goodness seeing a 10 year old sprint past me at mile marker 2 while I am gasping for air really is a downer.
- Guys wearing backpacks--like running with no backpack isn't a challenge enough, they gotta wear the backpack. I can barely crawl across the finish line with just me, let alone something else on my back. Trying to run a 5K with a backpack I'd be like Spongebob and Squidward dragging those anchors
It wouldn't go too well.
- People with dogs- Not ONLY are you athletic enough to run a 5K, but you have your DOG trained to run a 5K. I can't even train myself, yikes.
- People who actually stretch- this could and probably is a lot of people, but I am not a good preparer of races. Or exercising at all really.
There you have it. Those are all the types of people who can (and did) destroy my father and I in a 5K a few weeks ago. But hey, I had fun and we finished the race without walking. I call that a win.
Keep running ya'll!