Saturday, January 16, 2016

What? You Were Maybe Expecting Penwasser Place?

    Well, tough titties, because you're actually here at Kenna's Korner.  Which, okay, is pretty similar in style and tone to Penwasser Place.  In fact, you wouldn't be far wrong to call it identical.  But, it really isn't because, after all, I wasn't born in the Eisenhower Administration.  In fact, I was born during the Clinton Administration so some of the stuff
"Speaking of tough titties."
you'll find here is significantly more hip, more "with it" than anything you'll find over there.  Over there, you'll find pictures of men humping fish.  Over here, you'll find pictures of Miley Cyrus.  Which, some guys may think is pretty close to the same thing.

    Which means that Kenna's Korner is actually pretty close to Penwasser Place.
    See what I did there?  Although, the image of fish sex is a little unsettling.
    Anyway, speaking of Penwasser Place, I've asked the proprietor of said establishment to pen (short for "penwasser,"  I...am...so...clever) a short (he promised) post.  So, without further adieu...you know him as "Al."  I know him as "Dad"  (seriously, has anyone NOT figured that out?).
    Let's give it up for Al Penwasser!

"Good afternoon, Kenna.  Can I call you 'Kenna?'" 
"Certainly!  Can I call you 'Al?'"
"Certainly not.  Shall I go ahead?"
"Sure...yeah...go ahead."


    Anyway, I'd like to thank my daughter for allowing me to visit her humble place.  As I told you over at Penwasser Place, this is my first guest post, so I hope I'm doing it right.  It doesn't seem too difficult.  After all, it's not like I'm setting up a healthcare website, is it?
    
    I gotta tell you, I was very pleased to see that Kenna started her own blog, through no persuasion on my part.  Mostly, because it should be her decision.  But, also, how much time do you think it takes to come up with uproariously funny Captain Captions week after week?  
    
    I also didn't try to steer her in this direction or that.  Of course, I did make a couple suggestions.  For instance, the first name for her blog was something like Ramblings of a White Girl.  I thought it was kinda funny, but she didn't immediately understand how, in today's day and age, it might be perceived.  Bad enough her last name is Lynch (come ON, does anybody NOT know THAT!?).
    
"Oh, we wouldn't mind, dear.
Now have you seen that nice colored girl with our ice tea and cheese sandwiches?"

    That all said, I was surprised that her tone, her style, her "schtick" is very similar to my own.  Except for the "man humping fish" thing.
    
"The Farce is strong in her."

    If I've learned nothing else in the years I've been a wildly successful, award-winning author who cleans toilets for a living, I've learned that keeping blog posts short and (dear Lord, I hope) funny is the way to go.  Including a couple pictures along the way also (dear Lord, I hope) helps keep people interested.  Pictures with captions are also a fantastic idea, as well.  They (dear Lord, I hope) hold peoples' interest.  If nothing else, they provide easy material for a quick comment as readers scroll through the post.
    
Okay, maybe not so successful

    For that, you all are welcome.
    
    Luckily, Kenna's Korner already does that.  My biggest suggestion to her is that she keep a "picture library" on file.  That way, she can quickly go to her list rather than Google a particular image.
    
Plus, this could really raise Search Engine flags.

    Finally, I suggested she go with one or two posts a week.  Most importantly, she can concentrate on her work as a college student-she'll be graduating in May.  Plus, one post a week will keep the things fresh, resulting in an excited readership who just can't wait to read each new entry.  You know, like a Penwasser Place (dear Lord, I hope).
    
    So, in keeping with my advice, I'm going to keep this short and go fishing.    
Hey, she brought it up.
    Thanks, Kenna, for letting me visit!

    "You're more than welcome.  Lucky for me, this guest post has met the criteria for only one post a week so I'm set till next weekend.  But, before I go, how 'bout a little Miley?" 


Hmm...maybe he's on to something with that fish thing.

20 comments:

  1. Miley and the slutty dude should get along swimmingly, the fish may get jealous. Good idea to keep a folder of pics, although I imagine yours is rather scary. Posting once a week? What's that like? lol the cat's almost got 2016 done. 2017 here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Miley has just met her new husband-Mr. Slut. Nice guest post from your dad. I cleaned my toilet today...maybe I should take a picture of that?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mackenna, you're a brave, brave young lady for many reasons.
    1) You let Al Penwasser appear as your first guest
    2) Mr. Lynch is your real life father (Actually, you're very lucky for that one).
    3) You let Al Penwasser post a photo of himself grabbing his left boob.

    Welcome to blogland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have to admit, that photo is a bit "risk-ay"

      Delete
  4. Looks a little fishy to me!
    Maybe Miley would rather hump the fish?
    Great way to start the year with Al posting here! Now, it can only get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex, I am excited to start off the New Year and for Al to get me started!

      Delete
  5. Good luck and have fun. (We won't hold your dad's post against you)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad it wasn't like the healthcare website. Not in the sense that it didn't work, but in the sense that you would have been paid millions. No more toilet scrubbies in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kenna and Al
    Greetings and good cheer. OH OH I see how all the big corps got their start. And the humping fish is really here. What next??? The tighty whitey guys?
    It's nice to meet you Kenna and I wish you good blogging.
    Al.....something corny like the apple not falling far from the tree. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Looking forward to the blogging world!

      Delete
  8. Dad and Daughter!! What a great writing pair. I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see the Penwasser in you! Great post, I look forward to reading more! Especially if you can get Miley humping a fish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I know there's evidence of her humping a foam finger...stay tuned!

      Delete