Wednesday, October 21, 2015

"I've become so numb, I can't feel you there
Become so tired, so much more aware
I'm becoming this, all I want to do
Is be more like me and be less like you"
-Linkin Park

I listened to this song today titled Numb, sung by Linkin Park. Based off of Linkin Park's song history, they aren't exactly well known to be entirely pleasant in their lyrics. To be honest, I use this song when I am running at the gym. It keeps me motivated. In my opinion this song really speaks out to me. I don't doubt Linkin Park one bit that this song has a dark message.

My opinion, however is different than their intentions. When I run to this, I just think of how much I want to be who I am. That "I'm tired of being what you want me to be." I am running to be healthy, to feel good for myself, and no one else. 

My main advice here from this is to never forget who you are. Be who you want to be, not what other people want you to be. 


Love,
Kenna 

No comments:

Post a Comment